Thursday, April 24, 2008

A Little Perspective


I'll admit that I've spent more than my fair share of time griping about the rising prices of gasoline, heating costs, bread, milk, and just about everything else under the sun. I am also guilty of musing aloud about how much longer our economy can continue to spiral downward before we will qualify as a Third World Country. (Hey, don't be so quick to roll your eyes. Did you see The Day After Tomorrow? Alright then.)

However, I ran across Leona Lewis's Footprints in the Sand video and it helped me to regain some perspective. While things are getting very bad for many of us, unfortunately there are always those that have alot less. There are many things that I am grateful for. Something it is sometimes easy to forget.

PS: No, I will not stop plotting ways to "stick it to the man." As in the gas man, Mr. BP and Senor Exxon Mobil and their friends. I plan on driving a hybrid, growing my own food, installing solar panels on my house, installing sidewalks made from recycled tires, and bamboo floors as soon as I possibly can. Which will probably be soon after I can afford to move in next door to my Eco-Hero, Leonardo DiCaprio.
Anyway, enjoy Leona's touching video below.

2 comments:

ZenDenizen said...

It's funny, they don't mentioned Leonardo in the news as an Eco-hero as much these days but he was a pioneer among celebs.

You may enjoy this article's mention of Leona:

http://www.slate.com/id/2190184/

Meikmeika said...

Times are hard right now..but we all have to look at how fortunate we are..

Between gas and everything else going up in price, it's hard not to complain...