Friday, February 22, 2008

Recommended Viewing: Shoot 'Em Up



I am an admitted action movie junkie. The Transporter, The Italian Job, Mission Impossible, The Bourne Identity, and anything James Bond are among my favorites. I've added a new one to the list... Shoot 'Em Up. Without a doubt this is one of the most insane, yet wildly entertaining films I've seen in a while.

First of all, let's just agree that there is no connection with reality in this flick, in terms of the unbelievable stunts the movie's hero, Smith, performs. But, that is true of just about any action flick. So, realism aside, this flick was an awful lot of fun. It is definitely not for the kiddies, as there is an insane body count and a pretty raucous sex scene. And I guarantee you that there will be several utterances of "He did not just do that! That is completely insane!" But, you'll have a lot of fun along the way.

Clive Owen, increasingly sexy, is quickly moving up the food chain of my favorite male actors. I thought he was great in Children of Men, Closer, and Derailed. Paul Giamatti is a deliciously wicked vilain that you'll love to hate.


Let me know what you think.


3 comments:

Barrie said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. And, without even knowing it, you've done me a huge favor! I'm looking for an easy-to-watch movie to upload to my ipod for the gym next week. Thank you!

ZenDenizen said...

I loved Derailed, too, very underrated...

Tempest Knight said...

Thanks for the heads up! I'll have to check it out. :)