Thursday, February 28, 2008

Judy Blume's Belated B'day - Thursday Thirteen

I got the bright idea to blog about one of my earliest writing sheroes - the fabulous Judy Blume - since I discovered it was the anniversary of her birth on Tuesday, February 12th. (Did I mention that procrastination was one of the things that I'm still working on?) My only consolation about having procrastinated for two weeks and two days is that today - the day I am finally blogging about Judy Blume - is perfect for this subject because I am going to do it in a Thursday Thirteen format.

So, the following is my Ode to Judy Blume - a fantastic writer, a courageous woman, and one of my earliest inspirations for wanting to be a writer:







6 comments:

Barbara Doduk said...

Great idea for a TT. Thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting.

Karen said...

Neat idea for a TT. I think when I was a kid, I read every Judy Blume book written (hiding many of them from the protective eyes of my mother, of course). I didn't even know she wrote for adults. Guess I'm out of touch, huh? :)

Thanks for visiting my TT and my blog!

Karen said...

That was a great idea for TT. I read Blume's books as a young girl.

ZenDenizen said...

I loved all her pre-teen novels. Did you ever read Wifey, the one she did for "mature" audiences? I've never been able to find it.

Malcolm said...

This was a nice tribute to Judy Blume. Although I never read any of her books, I remember that many girls were big fans of hers back in my school days. I will admit to occas. watching the TV show "Fudge" back in the 90s. By the way, thanks for stopping by my TT.

Stephanie said...

I love Judy Blume. She is one of my favorite authors. Actually my college entrance essay was how her novels influenced my life. HA!