Tuesday, January 22, 2008

What I've Learned from the Writer's Strike

  1. Writers apparently rule the entertainment world. (I love Queen Latifah and everything, but did you see the People's Choice Awards? Geez!)
  2. The Networks are even greedier than I thought.
  3. I watch entirely too much television. (Since the Writer's Strike I've been much more productive.)
  4. That talk show hosts aren't nearly as funny without their writers.
  5. That I actually prefer the American Music Awards without the lame jokes and pretense.

I am sure that I will learn lots of new lessons now that nearly every show that I watch has succumbed to the Writer's Strike. If we're lucky, The Networks (AKA "The Man") will, too.

Namaste,

Samara Leigh

4 comments:

Appletini said...

LOL...I agree with all of them. :)

ZenDenizen said...

She's alive!

I can take or leave everything else, just bring Dancing with the Stars already :)

Bianca Reagan said...

I've learned that Eve, now found on TVOne, is a really good show. Quite a few WB and UPN shows were taken before their time.

Don said...

lol @ #3