Saturday, September 22, 2007

The Post Burn Notice Blues

Ahh... Michael Westen. Who doesn't like a damaged, brilliant, sexy former spy with a big heart and commitment issues?

This has turned into the Year of the Cable Series for me. Monk, Psych, The Starter Wife, The Closer, My Boys, and Burn Notice. Before this year, the only cable series I'd ever watched were Sex and the City and Soul Food.

My favorite TV series this year was definitely Burn Notice. It combines some of my favorite movie elements:

  1. Smart action-adventure films like The Italian Job and Mission Impossible (II is my favorite).

  2. Bad-ass heroines like Lara Croft, Tomb Raider. Fiona, Michael Westen's former love interest (a gun-runner who spent 14 years with the IRA and has the Irish accent to prove it) is a ton of fun and sassy as hell.

  3. A hero who is handsome, smart, and goes for a zero body count. He's perfectly capable of kicking your ass. He just prefers to let someone else get their hands dirty. Like Charlie Croker in Italian Job or Ethan Hunt in Mission Impossible.
The season finale was last night. While I knew I'd have to wait for the new season to see what happens next, when the announcer said, "next summer," it totally bummed me out. Next summer? That's like a year from now. Geez! I just might have to hit the beaches of Miami in the meantime. Can you think of a better way to banish the Post Burn Notice Blues?

Check here to get up to speed.





12 comments:

maddypappy1 said...

Can't say that I've cheched any of those out,though they do sound interesting. I was addicted to HBO for a while, but their new season is over. I've got mad love for The Wire, Big Love and Sleeper Cell:American Terror (Showtime).

Don said...

I can't say I've checked them out either. But The Wire and Entourage are can't - misses, for me.

Alyssa Goodnight said...

I'm starting to watch Burn Notice too--most of the shows are Tivo'd so far. But I LOVE Psych, and was bummed to hear it won't be back till January. JANUARY??? Good grief!

Moanna said...

I've never watched Burn Notice but I think I'll have to next summer. Sharon Gless always seems a bit wicked, worth watching.

Thanks for visiting me. You have a unique blog. I'll have to come back soon.

Swishy said...

Yum, yum, YUM! I haven't watched it, but I DO always stop on USA when I see him :)

Christine d'Abo said...

Why haven't I heard about this one? It sounds like my kind of show too. I might have to look into "finding" the first season to check it out.

Chrissy said...

Love "Burn Notice" too. The finale was great. Gabrielle Anwar is soo perfect as Fiona. I enjoy her aggressiveness, she gets the job done!

Stephanie said...

I can't believe we have to wait a WHOLE YEAR!! I loved Burn Notice. It was such a fun summer show.

Drew Blackstone said...

Call me old school, but I still think that Maxwell Smart is the best TV secret agent ever.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Samara Leigh said...

Ahh... Maxwell Smart. I did like that show, but 99 was my girl.

Steve Carrell and Anne Hathaway will reprise the roles of Max and 99 in the upcoming film version.

Ann Aguirre said...

Oh man, TV shows always run like a season behind here, so we're just starting Burn Notice on Tuesday. I can't wait!

I too love Monk and Psych. I'm also watching Jericho, Supernatural, Torchwood, and Bones.

Samara Leigh said...

Ann,

Bones is a good show. I don't get to watch it that often but it is always good. The cast is great.