Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Fast Draft - Get That Novel Done

This week I've been participating in Candy Haven's Fast Draft. The idea is to essentially write about 5,000 words, or 20 pages per day of either a new novel, or a work in progress. I'll admit, my initial goal was only 3,500 and I was quite happy with it, but I am teamed up with some really great women who are motivating and encouraging.

One of the things that we are repeatedly admonished is to banish all distractions - email, telephone, voicemail, IM, TV. Okay, I've been doing so-so there. Then there is the big one: To send your Internal Editor (IE) packing. While I am not in my usual frenzy, I am doing a little bit of revising. Not on purpose, of course. It sort of happens before I even realize it. Mostly because rereading the last few pages before I begin writing is a ritual for me - and another rule I am not doing so well at keeping.

Fast Draft lasts for two weeks. By the end of the week, I hope that I will be able to conquer many of these tendencies. My current progress on the project I'm working on is displayed on the meter below.

I'd like to introduce you to my teammates - funny, amazing, inspiring women who are definitely worth meeting. Hop on over to their cyber homes to say hello:

Margery Scott

Carol Burge

Nancy Kay Bowden.

As Carol would say, Happy Writing. As Margery would say, Go Team, Go!. As Nancy Kay would say, Hugs!

Namaste,

Samara

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meterZokutou word meter
24,543 / 50,000
(48.0%)

2 comments:

Carol Burge said...

Hi Samara!

Very nice blog. I have it bookmarked and will ad it to my blog links.

Happy Writing!

Destined for Greatness said...

Good luck!!