Monday, May 14, 2007

Forty Must Be the New Twenty

Okay, I'm all over Jay-Z's claims that 30 is the new 20. And by extension, 40 has to be the new 30, right? It must be. After all, Usher has his new "mother-like fiancee" - not my words, but a darn good quote. Hey, I'm not mad at 'er. I say more power to her.

I do think it is ironic that not long after the announcment of his engagement he suddenly gives him mom - who has dedicated the last 15 years of her life, at least, to his career - the old heave ho. Hmm... me thinks something foul is afoot. I just hope Usher, one of my favorite entertainers, isn't making a classic mistake by substituting fake mommy for his real one.

Speaking of older women kicking ass and taking names, here's my list of 40+ women making the youngsters sit up and take notice:

Angela Bassett - Have you seen her body lately? I hope her husband, Courtney Vance isn't giving her any lip because I think she could probably take him.

















Madonna - I am still in shock over the fact that the material girl is frickin' 48 and more fabulous than ever.









Janet Jackson








Mariska Hargitay - I just love her!


















Vanessa Williams
















Sarah Jessica Parker
















Liz Hurley
















Which 40 & Fab celeb has you pulling out the yoga mat and bypassing the buffet?

Namaste,

Samara Leigh

8 comments:

appletini said...

Definitely.... Christie Brinkley - supermodel :)

SiSi said...

Everytime I see Angela Bassett, I feel like hitting the gym. Her body is sick and she has the nerve to be stunning on top of it.

confessing7girl said...

oh yeah!!! 40 is the new twenty!!!they r looking amazing, better than a lot of twenty year old pseudo-celebs!!

Stacy said...

I'm in agreement with confessing7girl. They're definitely a lot classier than today's twenty-something celebs.

Shai said...

I have to say I have 3 years and some change before I turn 40 and I look younger. Now feeling younger is a different story. One of my knees is not the same. LOL.

Manic Mom said...

Demi Moore. Definitely.

And probably Meg Ryan.

ZenDenizen said...

Jacklyn Smith, always prettier than Farrah in my opinion.

Samara Leigh said...

ZenDenizen,

I would definitely agree with Jaclyn over Farrah.