Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Get Real Estate

After visiting several possible rental units over the past two weekends I am wondering... what the hell is wrong with these people? Crumbling steps, entrance halls with chunks of missing plaster, carpet that looks like a three ring circus performed there for the past twelve months, backward cabinet doors, appliances that are older than I am and that have not been cleaned since the Reagan years... it's pathetic.

Note to the world: The gloves are off. I tried to be polite through those first few monstrosities, though clearly the property owners had no regards for their current or future tenants. However, life is too short. I won't be rude, but I am calling a spade a spade. I'm far too busy to waste my time touring rental properties that are a step above an alleyway.

We are hesitant to purchase again because, let's face it, the real estate market here in Ohio is not the best. We love the Erie Shores, but at the same time we are really ready to relocate. After all, we've been here all of our lives. It is time for a change. Plus, there is major discord going on at GQ Jones' (hubby's) place of work. We just know that if we buy property he'll get transferred somewhere else and we'll be stuck trying to unload our house in a market with a gazillion others already for sale.

Still not sure what we are going to do, but I do know that I won't be moving into any of the dumps that I've seen recently.

Namaste,

Samara Leigh

No comments: