Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Teach Your Kid Some Manners

Okay, I'm still a little miffed so I am going to put this into Cyberspace and let it be:

I was standing in line at the grocery store after driving back from out of state. I had about a third of a shopping cart of items, but when an older gentleman got in line behind me with only a box of cereal and a gallon of milk, I insisted that he go ahead of me. Okay, so far everything is copasetic.

Next, a rotund little elf with a decidely bad haircut stands behind the man in front of me and my big ass silver cart, as if she can't see me. Now, I try not to cause unnecessary scenes, especially since I live in a community that is about 98.5% not like me, if you get my drift. And, normally, no matter where I am, I don't let crap like that ride - if you consider musing aloud about how not everyone has received home training and how incredibly rude this little elf was letting it ride - but today I was just tired. I wanted to go home, wanted to get something to eat, wanted to get into the bed.

If for no other reasons than those, I decided to be the bigger person - not literally - and refrain from physically wedging my cart in places that probably have not seen sunlight in some time.

The point of this diatribe is...teach yo' kids some manners. Rude children grow up to be rude adults. I won't waste my time trying to figure out if the Rotund Elf was just rude to people in general, or if she can only see black people when she is wearing some special super hero shades. Either way, from kiddies to world leaders slugging it out in Taiwan, we need to learn to be a bit more civil and live together in peace and harmony. Okay, down off the soapbox.

Peace,

No comments: