Thursday, January 11, 2007

How Do I Hate Time Warner Cable? Let Me Count the Ways

How do I hate Time Warner Cable? Let me count the ways:
I hate Time Warner Cable to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach when I can't get my friggin' emails.

WTF? What is wrong with these people? I am a former Adelphia customer. The suddenly TWC comes riding into town and hijacks by service. Did anyone ask me if I wanted to be passed off to someone else? Ahh....no. While I considered this highly offensive, I could have lived with the change. After all, it's not as if I was married to Adelphia. But ever since they've come to town, my once beloved broadband has become the bane of my friggin' existence.

I work from home using...guess what...my computer and the internet. My son goes to a distance learning school using...guess what...his computer and the internet. Guess how much work we've gotten done over the past two days? Very, very, very, very little. As you can imagine I am more than a little pissed. There was actually steam coming out of my ears earlier.

I heard a hilarious radio commercial a while ago knocking TWC, which apparently is determined to take over the world. It was a supposed TWC voicemail message saying that they were too busy picking out carpeting and new furniture or something for their new local corporate offices. Therefore the customer service wait would be really long.

Apparently I am not the only person with a gripe against TWC. Check out the following: Here, here, here, here, here, here and here.

I have no problem with TWC wanting to be the MegaCable Company of the Universe. My only request is not to do so at the expense of my service. Okay, 'nuff said!

Peace and Continuous High-Speed Connections,

Samara Leigh


Inspired by Elizabeth Barrett Browning.

No comments: