Friday, November 17, 2006

The Shoe Discussions

One of the common cliches in chick lit is a woman in love with designer shoes. Remember how Carrie had tons of expensive shoes that she couldn't afford? Some might say it is not a cliche...it's the story of the lives. I am not one of those people.

Don't get me wrong, I have a healthy regard for shoes. I'm not a barefooted flower child - at least not outside of the house - and I have a decent amount of shoes. Some of which I've NEVER worn. I just don't LOVE shoes. My fashion forward husband does.

Kenneth Cole, Cole Haan and Johnston and Murphy are a few of his very best friends. He shops for them online, shops for them on clearance, admires them in store windows, notices them on people's feet ...it's scary. When he isn't shopping for shoes or surfing Ecco online he is surveying his impressive collection of shoes, polishing them or reliving the shoe memories. "Remember when I bought these shoes, Honey?" Then there is the trying on of the shoes...and the loads of unworn shirts and pants they share a closet with... I swear.

After 18 years of living with my favorite metrosexual, you'd think that I'd take better care of my own shoes. I'll admit, I've had some of my favorites a bit too long. There are lots of scuffed shoes in my collection that I just hate to get rid of. I know, I've definitely got some issues of my own. I'll work on that. In the meantime, I think its time for another fashion shoe...I mean show.

No comments: