Friday, October 20, 2006

Reality TV Addiction

Did I mention that I've become really addicted to reality TV? Not everything. I still can't stomach Survivor and I'm not drawn to shows like the Amazing Race, The Bachelor or The Simple Life. What I do love is American Idol (after three years of ridiculing the show without ever having watched it), Project Runway, real estate related shows - Property Ladder, Flip This House, Flip That House - and my newest favorites - Big Spender and The House of Carters.

Maybe my real fascination is just with the fact that there is an entire world outside of my office in a windowless loft - which I call The Loftice. I've been working really hard the past few months to get out of the office more. I've discovered my favorite TV shows again, the great outdoors, fresh air and how to spend time with my teen-ager in ways that he finds tolerable and sometimes amusing. Yay me!

So, my DVR will be working overtime over the next several weeks as I continue plugging away on client work, planning an online conference, trying to work out enough to ward off the winter pounds and...oh yeah, pen a 50,000 word novel.

Piece of cake. Piece of pie. I'm sure.

Samara Leigh

No comments: